Add Hint Texts to Service Items
This chapter describes how a hint text is added to a service item. When a service item is used in a service order or quote, the hint text is shown.
To add a hint text to a service item, please do the following:
- Use the quick search in TRASER DMS 365 (ALT+Q) to find the page Service Items.
- The page Service Items is displayed.
- Click in the list on the service item for which you want to save a hint text.
- The service item card is displayed.
- Click on Related in the menu bar.
- Select Service Item in the submenu.
- Click on the option Hints.
- The page Hint Texts is displayed.
- To add a hint text, click in an empty field in the Description column.
- Enter the text that should appear in the next service order for this service item.
The factbox (ALT+F2) on the right side of your screen contains information about when the hint text was written and who wrote it. The factbox also contains information about the last person that changed the hint text. If a hint text has the Processed status, you can assume that the person who did last modify the hint text is also the person who processed the hint text.
The hint text will be shown in the next service order for this service item.
If the hint text is not shown, it is either marked as processed or the notification of hint texts is deactivated in the setup. The section Setting up notifications for hints texts per user describes how to activate notifications for hints texts per user.
Setting up notifications for hints texts per user
This section describes how to set up a notification when using the respective service item in a document.
Please do the following:
- Use the quick search in TRASER DMS 365 (ALT+Q) to find the page Service Setup.
- The page Service Setup is displayed.
- Activate the option Show Note Texts under the register Traser.
- You have set up the notifications for hint texts per user.
If a service item with a stored hint text is used in a document, the user will now see these hint texts. The hint texts are shown until their status is changed to “processed”.