Item Barcode Labels
This chapter covers everything you need to know about barcode labels. In TRASER DMS, you are able to define which information is printed on the barcode label. This allows you to customise barcode labels.
This page is divided into the following sections:
The following section explains how to set up barcode labels.
Setting up Barcode Labels
To design a new barcode label, please proceed as follows:
- Use the Quick Search (ALT+Q) in TRASER DMS 365 to find the page Barcode Label Setups.
- The Barcode Label Setups page is displayed.
- To design a new barcode label and define what information should be printed on the label, click New in the menu bar.
- A new Barcode Label Setup Card opens.
- Fill in the fields using the information in the table below.
|Code||Enter a code for the barcode label. You can freely choose the code.|
|Description||Enter a description for the barcode label.|
|Label Type||Select whether you want to design a barcode label for an Item or Service Item.|
|Number Type||Select whether the Item No. or Vendor Item No. should be printed on the barcode label.|
|Layout Code||Select a layout code. Click here to find out how to set up a layout code.|
|No. Of Fields||This field will be filled out automatically once you have set up a layout code.|
|VAT Business Posting Group||This field will be filled out automatically once you have set up a layout code.|
Next, navigate to the Lines tab and add the fields that should be printed on the barcode label. Please take into consideration that you can only add as many fields as you have stored on the layout code card.
Setting up Barcode Label Codes
Please read the section on Setting up Barcode Labels before you perform the following steps.
To set up ay layout code, please proceed as follows:
- On the Barcode Label Setup Card, navigate to the Layout Code field.
- Click on the three dots in the Layout field.
- The Barcode Label Layouts page opens.
- To create a new layout code, click New in the menu bar.
- A new line is added. Fill in the fields in the line according to the information in the table below.
|Code||Enter a code for the layout.|
|Description||Enter a description for the layout code.|
|No. Of Fields||Enter how many fields should be printed on the barcode label. After creating a layout code, you can specify the type of fields on the Barcode Label Setup Card. For information on this, click here.|
|VAT Business Posting Group||Tragen Sie hier ein, welche MwSt.-Geschäftsbuchungsgruppe auf das Barcode-Etikett gedruckt werden soll.|
|Symbology||Select the symbology for the barcode label you are setting up.|
|Text Font Size||Enter the text size for the text that will be printed behind the barcode.|
- After filling in all fields, click on OK.
You have successfully set up a layout code that you can now use on the Barcode Label Setup Card.
Printing Barcode Labels
To print a barcode label for an item, please proceed as follows:
- Use the quick search (ALT+Q) in TRASER DMS 365 to find the Items page.
- The Items page is displayed.
- On the Items page, select the item for which you want to print the barcode label.
- The item card opens.
- Click Actions > Print Barcode Label in the menu bar.
- A new window opens.
- In the Printer field, select the printer you want to print the barcode label with.
- In the Label Setup Header Code field, select a barcode label that you set up in Setting up Barcode Labels.
- Click Print to print the label. You may also click Preview & Close to preview the label or Send to... to convert the label into a sendable file format.
You have successfully printed a barcode label.