Rebook Wizard for Assets
This chapter covers everything you need to know about the rebook wizard. The rebook wizard allows you to rebook a machine or service item from current asset to fixed asset.
The contents of this chapter are divided into the following sections:
- Setting up Rebook Wizard
- Rebooking Current Asset to Fixed Asset
Setting up Rebook Wizard
Before you can use the rebook wizard, you must set up some basic parameters. These will be described in the following sub-chapters.
Setting up Rebook Wizard in the General Ledger Setup
This section describes how to set up the rebook wizard.
Please proceed as follows to set up the rebook wizard:
- Use the quick search (ALT+Q) to find the page General Ledger Setup.
- The page General Ledger Setup is displayed.
- Scroll to the Rebook Wizard tab.
- Fill in the following fields:
|General Journal Template Name||Enter the general journal template that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|General Journal Batch Name||Enter the general journal batch that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|FA Journal Template Name||Enter the FA journal template that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|FA Journal Batch Name||Enter the FA journal batch that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|Item Journal Template Name||Enter the item journal templates that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|Item Journal Batch Name||Enter the item journal batch name that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|Source Code Component Posting||Enter the source code for component postings that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|Default Reason Code||Enter the default reason code that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
|FA No. Wizard Source||Enter the FA source for this wizard.|
|No. Series FA from Wizard||Enter the number series that should be used for the rebook wizard.|
You have successfully set up the rebook wizard.
Setting up FA Posting Group for Rebookings
Two steps are needed to rebook a machine or service item from current asset to fixed asset. First, the item needs to be moved out of the inventory, i. e. the item needs to be transfered to a rebook account. In the second step, the item will then be turned into a fixed asset. To be able to perform the first step, you have to assign a rebook account to the specific FA posting group. Please proceed as follows:
- Use the quick search (ALT+Q) to find the page FA Posting Groups.
- The page FA Posting Groups is displayed.
- Search for the relevant FA Posting Group.
- Scroll to the Rebook Bal. Acc. column.
- Enter a rebook account that will be used as a transition account for the rebooking of current assets to fixed assets.
- Your changes will be saved automatically.
- You have successfully entered a rebook account.
Setting up a Configuration Template for Fixed Assets
To be able to turn a current asset into a fixed asset, you have to set up a configuration template for assets. The configuration template enables an automated rebooking process. The template also ensures that the selected service item or machine will be linked with the newly created fixed asset.
To set up a configuration template for fixed assets, you have to create a template for the fa depreciation book which can be linked to the configuration template of the fixed asset. To set up a template for the fa depreciation book, proceed as follows:
Use the quick search (ALT+Q) to find the page Configuration Templates.
A list containing all Configuration Templates is displayed.
Click New in the menu bar.
A new page opens where you can configure the template.
Enter the following information in the General tab. Enter 5612 in the Table ID field.
Scroll to the Lines tab and add the following fields:
Depreciation Book Code
Depreciation Starting Date
No. of Depreciation Years
FA Posting Group
The template will be saved automatically.
To set up a configuration template for assets, proceed as follows:
- Use the quick search (ALT+Q) to find the page Configuration Template.
- A list containing all Configuration Templates is displayed.
- Click New in the menu bar.
- A new page opens where you can configure the template.
- Enter the following information in the General tab:
|Code||Enter a code for the fixed asset template-.|
|Description||Enter a specific description for the fixed asset template.|
|Table ID||Enter the table Id for the object Fixed Asset.|
|Table Name||This field will be filled out by the system when you enter the table id.|
- Scroll to the Lines tab. Add the following fields:
- FA Posting Group
- FA Subclass Code
- Create another line of type Linked Template.
- In the Template Code column, enter the template code of the FA depreciation book template you set up in the previous step. The fixed asset template will be linked to the fa depreciation book template.
- Activate the toggle Activated in the General tab to be able to use the template.
- You have successfully created a configuration template for fixed assets. You can later use it in the rebook wizard.
The next sections describes how to rebook a current asset to a fixed asset.
Rebooking Current Asset to Fixed Asset
After setting up the basics, you can rebook machines or service items from current asset to fixed asset via the rebook wizard. You can use this process for machines or service items that have been bought to remain in the inventory for a longer time period.
Please proceed as follows to rebook a machine or service item from current asset to fixed asset:
- Use the quick search (ALT+Q) to find the page Service Items.
- A list with all existing Service Items is displayed.
- Open the service item which you like to turn into a fixed asset.
- Click on Process > Rebook Wizard in the menu bar.
- The window Rebook Wizard opens.
- Fill in the following fields according to the table below.
|Fixed Asset Template||Enter the fixed asset template which you set up in Setting up a Configuration Template for Fixed Assets.|
|Posting Date||Enter the posting date for the rebooking.|
|Depreciation Starting Date||Enter the start of depreciation period.|
|Service Item No.||This field specifies the number of the involved entry or record according to the specified number series. The field will be filled out automatically and cannot be edited.|
|Unit Cost of Service Item||Specifies the unit cost of the selected service item. The field will be filled out automatically and cannot be edited.|
|Fixed Asset No.||Enter the number of the fixed asset card..|
- Click on Next.
- An overview page of the relevant dimensions is displayed.
- Check the information listed here and click on Finish.
- The rebooking will be processed.
- When the rebooking has been completed, the In Stock As field of the relevant service item card will show the status Fixed Asset. Additionally, a new fixed asset card will be created for the fixed asset.
- The rebooking has been completed.