Defining Default Order Types in the User Setup
In the user setup, you can assign a default order type to every user. The order type will then be added automatically when you open a document and doesn’t have to be added manually each time you create a new document.
The following order types can be assigned to a user by default:
- Sales Order Type,
- Rent Order Type
- Rental Purchase Order Type,
- Purchase Order Type,
- Service Order Type.
Accessing the function
- Use the quick search in TRASER DMS 365 to find the page User Setup.
- A table with all available users is displayed.
How to transmit users collectively to the user setup is described in Transfer Users to the User Setup.
Assigning Order Types
- Select Edit List from the menu bar.
- To assign a default order type to a user, click the field in the order type column.
- The order types that can be selected for the relevant area (Sales, Purchase, Service) are displayed.
- Select the desired order type.
- If no order type is shown, you can either create a new order type (by clicking New) or assign an order type to a certain area (see the following section).
- The changes will be applied when you close the user setup page.
Assigning order types to an area
The order types filtered by area are displayed. If you cannot find a certain order type the reason for this might be that you did not assign the order type to this area.
- From the dialog box, choose Select from full list
- A new page is displayed.
- The filter symbol indicates which column is currently being filtered (in this case Purchase).
- To edit the list, select Edit List from the menu bar.
- You will find a various check boxes under the columns.
- In order to see the existing order types, you must delete the filter.
- In this case, right-click on the filter symbol and select Clear Filter.
- All order types that have already been defined will be displayed.
- Since no order types were enabled for the Purchase area in this example, no default order types could be selected and assigned to a user.
- Enable the order types for the respective areas.
- Confirm with OK.
- Now you can assign the default order types to the respective area.