Delete Posted Documents
You can delete posted documents once you have set up the function in the General Ledger Setup menu. This function allows you to remove wrongly posted documents from the posted documents overview.
Posted documents have to be printed at least once before you can delete them. This way, deleted documents won’t show up in the posted documents list even though they have been posted.
Once the function is activated, the following posted documents can be deleted:
|Posted Return Receipts||Posted Purchase Shipments||Posted Service Invoices|
|Posted Sales Invoices||Posted Purch Invoices||Posted Service Credit Memos|
|Posted Sales Credit Memos||Posted Purch Credit Memos||Posted Service Shipments|
|Posted Sales Shipments||Posted Purchase Shipments|
The contents of this chapter are divided into the following sections:
- Setting up function for deleting posted documents
- Deleting posted documents
- Error message in posted documents
Setting up function for deleting posted documents
This section describes how to set up the functionality for deleting posted documents.
Please proceed as follows:
- Use the quick search in TRASER DMS 365 (ALT+Q) to find the page General Ledger Setup.
- The page General Ledger Setup is displayed.
- Activate the option Delete Posted Documents in the General tab to allow deleting posted documents.
Please make sure to open the page in edit mode.
To edit the page, tap the pencil icon in the menu bar.
- The toggle switch will be highlighted if this function is activated.
You have successfully activated the Delete Posted Documents option. You will now be able to delete posted documents.
Deleting posted documents
This section describes how to delete posted documents,
In the following, the process of deleting a posted document is described using a posted purchase credit memo as an example. In Delete Posted Documents, you will find an overview of documents where the process of deleting documents is similar to the one explained here.
Proceed as follows to delete a posted document:
- Use the quick search in TRASER DMS 365 (ALT+Q) to find the page Posted Sales Credit Memos.
- The page Posted Purchase Credit Memos is displayed.
- Choose the document you want to delete so that it is highlighted.
- Choose Manage > Delete from the menu bar.
- The document opens.
- A dialog window is displayed asking whether you would like to delete the document.
- To delete the document, click Yes
- The document is deleted.
The document has been deleted.
Error message in posted documents
If the function Delete Posted Documents has not been activated and you try to delete a posted document, the following error message appears:
The error message Deleting of posted documents is not allowed indicates that you haven’t activated the delete posted documents function. To activate this fuction, proceed as described in Setting up function for deleting posted documents.